In our vision, Sweden is one of the world’s ten leading countries in developing and using graphene and other 2D materials industrially.
• Establishing 2D materials as a Swedish industrial area of strength.
• Creating a strong 2D material eco-system.
• Supporting complete value chains for graphene and other 2D materials.
• Ensuring that 2D materials are key-factors in the transition to a sustainable society.
Read more about the programme in the Leaflet about SIO Grafen here >>
• Open calls for funding of collaborative projects between companies and research partners. Non-Swedish organisations are welcome to join projects, supporting them with in-kind.
• Swedish Graphene Forum – our annual results conference and Sweden’s largest 2D material event, also highlighted in a related Magazine from 2022 >> & Magazine from 2021 >>
• Newsletters, research intelligence, workshops, seminars, webinars.
• Developing the industrial infrastructure for 2D materials by working with standardisation, procedures for a healthy work environment, making test beds for 2D material applications available.
We have financed 200 projects with total project funds of over 35 million euros, 50% co-funded. More than 220 organizations have been involved, almost 50% of which are SME:s.
Read about the projects here >>, every project page is both in Swedish and in English.
SIO Grafen has produced a new Suppliers Guide regarding graphene and 2D materials. The guide collects over 100 graphene suppliers.
There are a large number of testbeds and other facilities in Sweden in which it’s possible to investigate 2D materials or products containing 2D materials. Here is a compilation of testbeds relevant for the graphene and 2D ecosystem
Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden is leading the high profile European project of the Graphene Flagship – an advantage Swedish industry can use for visibility, credibility and for partnering with European enterprises and researchers. The programme office of SIO Grafen is also situated at Chalmers and we are a Partnering Project within the Graphene Flagship.
SIO Grafen is also involved in 2D-TECH, a competence center hosted at Chalmers University of Technology sponsored by Sweden’s innovation agency (Vinnova), Chalmers, and numerous industrial partners. 2D-TECH work to consolidate a hub for excellent 2D materials research and innovation by bringing together key players from industry and academia.
Any questions? Please email us: email@example.com